Material "does not fit"
Replacement ignition systems for older motorcycles are not something easy.
Too many versions, after market modifications, error both customer and
powerdynamo side is always possible. see KB entry
So it well can happen that some material does not fit the engine it was
meant to fit. You can rely on our promise that we will get it right, but
for this we need your active help and clear communication. The words
"does not fit" are as useless as the words "does
We need to know what does not fit:
- base plate diameter, position of holes for fastening screws,
direction of wire exit, conflict
with oil seal
here please send us photos (please see info
on photos) and if possible dimensioned sketches
- direction of work (clockwise or anticlockwise), see
info on direction
- rotor (most frequent and most problematic issue):
- rotor entry opening may be too wide so that rotor drops to bottom
without getting hold on rotor
- rotor sits at about a correct height over plate but wobbles on
crank, does not get a firm grip
(this might be because you forgot to pull
the woodruff and this might be because the taper (the angle of the
of the rotor shaft) is wrong or the shaft is heavily damaged.
- crankshaft can enter rotor only partially.
if so, try to find whether it still does grip correctly and not
wobble because of (see above) taper problems
also, if the shaft can enter at least a mm into the rotor,
check what the distance
(clearance) between bottom of rotor drum
and top of installed powerdynamo base plate is
- rotor might fit well, but cover
can not be closed over it
- also it may be that there is a problem with the fastening
protrudes into nut/screw opening'
or threading does
not show enough to securely fasten nut
- also there may be other issues as screws to long/too short, with
wrong threading / nut not fitting, stock nut not fitting
- there may be wire exit problems. that the wires
may be too long or too short for your installation ideas is
unfortunately something you will have to live with.
as you see from this, the simple words "does not fit" may
inhertit a host of issues which can - and will - only be resolved by us if
we know them in detail and not just the 3 words.
for more detailed information on "rotor does
not fit" see here.
back to Knowledge base